It’s been a little over a year, over 200 followers and now, I have been nominated for my first blog award – The Sunshine Blogger Award! A huge shout out and loads of gratitude to fetinatwinkle for nominating me. I can’t thank you enough, dear! Do check out her blog and show your support via a like, comment, follow, share or all four! It’s an amazing blog and a great place to be in.
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog
Her questions are:
1. What would you ask for, if you knew the answer would be a Yes?
Assuming that this is almost like a wish being granted, my answer would be that I want myself to be better than who I was the day before. I would be all the more delighted if a never-ending supply of chocolates got thrown in to sweeten the deal 😍😁
2. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say?
Not usually. The only exception would be when Amazon’s delivery agent calls. I have to be careful not to be confusing while giving directions to my home! 😂 (I suffer from the occasional left-right interchange disorder)
3. Invent your own word, what does it mean?
Bloggengineer. (Whoops. Now, auto correct really has got a bone to pick with me! 😂) Because that’s how I can aptly describe myself. This word combines my two great interests – blogging and engineer. As is very obvious from its construction, it’s used to describe a blogger who also happens to be an engineer! 😊
4. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
Wow. Great question. I would want The Obamas as my dinner guest. (If they are willing to accept an invite to a purely vegetarian meal of course!)
5. What would you rate 10/10?
My mother. I could rate her a 100 on 10, and it still wouldn’t be enough. Love you, Amma 😘😊
6. What question can you ask to find out the most about a person?
Hmm, I’m not quite sure. Which song is playing in your head right now?
7. What would be the title of the current chapter of your life?
It’s Only A Matter of Time Till You Get Your Dream Job. Hang in there! (I’m afraid I cannot elaborate more on this matter at the time of writing this post. I’m tired of having to answer the numerous questions about “my future”)
8.If you could make a 20-second phone call to yourself at any point in your life at present or future, When would you call and what would you say?
I would like to call the 12-year me, who thought that she’ll never be able to handle English gracefully. If I were to tell her that I (we? God, this is weird!) have a fairly successful blog now, she’d probably tell me that I’m a raving lunatic. But maybe, I could have eased so many of her unnecessary fears. (I would also probably it’s okay that there was no Hogwarts acceptance letter and that Severus Snape was one of the most misunderstood characters ever!)
9.What’s something that happened or something that someone said, changed how you view the world?
I would like to mention a few quotes that have influenced me:
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest times if one only remembers to turn on the light” – Harry Potter
“I have a theory too. My theory is about moments. Moments of impacts. My theory is that, these moments of impact, these flashes of high intensity that completely turn our lives upside down actually end up defining who we are. The thing is, each one of us is the sum total of every moment that we’ve ever experienced, with all the people we’ve ever known. It is these moments that become our history, like our own personal greatest hits of memories that we play and replay in our mind, over and over again. A moment of total, physical, mental and every other kind of love. So that is my theory, that these moments of impact define who we are. A moment of impact. A moment of impact has the potential for change, has ripple effects far beyond what we can predict. Sending some particles crashing together making them closer than before, while sending others off into great ventures, ending where you never thought you’d find them. You see that’s the best thing – moments like these, you can’t, no matter how hard you try, control how they are going to effect you. You just got to let these colliding particles land where they may and wait until the next collision.” – The Vow
“There’s no lemon so sour that you can’t make something resembling a lemonade” – This Is Us
10. What book impacted you the most and why?
Ever since I can remember, I have always been a Harry Potter fan. I literally grew up reading and re-reading those series. The fact that I can identify any quote from any of the seven books, even after all these years will bear testimony to the impact even after all these years books had on me. It’s so magical and amazing how well-planned the book is. It’s the kind of book that I will never get bored of. Never. Ever.
11. If life is a game like some people say what would some of your rules be?
Read, write, live, love, laugh and let live. 😀
Here are my questions (that I came up with, after a lot of thought!):
- Do you remember why and when you decided to be a blogger?
- If it were so that you can listen to just one song on repeat for the rest of your life, which song would you choose?
- Which Hogwarts house do you think you would be sorted out into? (Sorry if you aren’t a Harry Potter fan! 😛 I had to pay homage to my favourite book series! :D)
- Who is your favourite author?
- Which famous person do you wish you could be neighbours with?
- If you could bring a fictional character to life, who would it be? (Also, please do explain the reason why you chose them!)
- If your blog had a playlist, what songs would be included?
- Do you have a favourite book-to-film adaptation? If so, which one?
- If the world were to end tomorrow, what would you do today?
- Name your favourite TV show and at least two reasons as to why you think it’s awesome.
- What’s your greatest fear?
I can’t wait to hear your answers! 😊
There are a lot of other amazing blogs that are on my love-to-read list. But sadly I had to keep it down to 11.
Have a nice day, everyone! 😊
© 2017 Shweta Suresh. All rights reserved.