- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Attach the award to your post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers who you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
It’s been a while since I received these nominations. I was nominated thrice – by Bharath Upendra, and Meena Ram. Thank a lot for nominating me. I’m extremely honoured and humbled by this recognition. 🙂
A huge thank you to Bharath for nominating me. I’m so honoured. He is a great blogger whose blog I’ve been following for quite a while. Do check out his blog and show your support by a like, comment, share or follow. 🙂 Here’s a link to his blog:
I express my heartfelt gratitude to Meena for nominating me. She’s an amazing blogger and her blog contains recipes that can truly make your mouth water! Visit her blog for recipes that will truly tingle your taste buds and show your support by a like, comment, share or follow. 🙂 Here’s a link to her blog:
I’m kind of on an award post marathon here! So kindly excuse me while I display the logos (all the three nominations came with different logos!) and gloat with a broad grin that can’t be wiped off my face! 😀
My Random Ramblings – A “brief” history
When I was just a kid, I thought that writing was not my strong suit. But I did have a book, in which I had penned a few short stories and several other works that started off as a poem and ended up as a cross between a poem and a short story! It wasn’t until I was in college that I really thought about starting a blog.
My dear friend, classmate, and blogger Sid was the one who got me thinking about having a blog hosted by WordPress. (Do check out his blog here.) My first attempt at blogging had made me realize that e-blogger just wasn’t for me. At Sid’s recommendation, I switched over to WordPress and “Deciphering Life”, my second blog was born. After nearly two years of blogging, I decided to take some time off from blogging because for some reason, I didn’t feel like writing anymore.
But the writing instinct is like an itch that refuses to go away. And I couldn’t go on for long without writing. That led to the creation of “My Random Ramblings” (but it was initially named The Soulsearcher Site.)
As I look back, I realize that switching over to this blog from my previous one was one of the best decisions I have ever taken, as a blogger. They say that the third time’s a charm and my third blog is certainly turning out well. And I promise to never to give up on this blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your love and support! ❤
So much for a brief history. 😂
If that wasn’t long enough, feel free to read this post: 100 posts!
My advice to new bloggers:
- Writing is only half the fun. Connect with other bloggers whose works inspire you. Be an active part of the blogosphere! Don’t hesitate to chuck a follow, like or to leave a comment when you come across a great post. Every blogger loves to receive feedback. That’s the reason why the commenting feature is turned on for posts! This may not sound original but it’s one hundred percent true and I wish someone had given me this bit of advice when I’d started off my blog.
- Write well. Edit to make it even better. Ensure that your blog has a neat look that’s easy on the eyes. Also, keep an eye on the page load time! (read: optimize images wherever possible)
I would like to present this award to:
Anyone and everyone who’s interested.
Phew! That was a long post. Hope you are still with me. Thanks a ton for reading! 🙂
© 2017 Shweta Suresh. All rights reserved.