I decided to jump on the Fibbing Friday bandwagon where we can lie and get away with it. This week, it’s Di’s turn to host the Fibbing Friday series.
Di has asked us to complete the following popular proverbs or sayings in our own personal style, as long as it’s not the truth!
- A stitch in time saves a lot of potential embarrassment resulting from a wardrobe malfunction.
- Too many cooks are nowhere to be found when I am toiling away in my kitchen and desperately need a hand to two.
- Many hands make too many messes but none (very few, if you are lucky!) remain to clean up afterward.
- A bird in the hand is probably a good idea if you want it to crap all over the said hand.
- Actions speak louder when the makers of these so-called actions are desperate.
- All that glitters hopefully don’t have shiny glitter particles falling out of them and making a mess.
- People in glass houses should probably invest in extremely high-quality curtains! Additionally, these people can attest to the fact that global warming is very much real and not just something fabricated by bored scientists (as many idiots still believe!)
- Fools rush in anywhere without masks and adequate social distancing, acting as if they are somehow immune to the virus.
- Don’t count your chickens unless you can get them to stand still until you are done counting unless of course, you want to start all over again and go mad!
- Give them an inch and they would probably shake their heads at your miserliness.
I really enjoyed re-writing these proverbs. I love it when I can add a twist to normal things. 😉
I hope you had as much fun reading them as I had writing them!
To join this challenge, write a post with your answers to Di’s 10 questions below and tag it “Fibbing Friday” or #FibbingFriday. Then link back to the original post so that others can enjoy your answers and maybe join in as well!
Follow the tag “ShwetaWrites” to ensure that you don’t miss any of new posts!
Don’t hesitate to like, share and subscribe. 🙂
© 2021 Shweta Suresh. All rights reserved.