Legend has it that six word stories became “a thing” after Hemingway famously won bet with his six word story:
“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”
This writing prompt originated due to my at-times-unhealthy obsession with six word stories. That, and the fact that all the bloggers who used to run Saturday Six Word Story Prompts have either made their sites private or stopped the prompts! 😢
So I decided to take matters into my own hands, and thus, the Saturday Six Word Story Prompt aka #6WSP series was born!
Guidelines for the Saturday Six Word Story Prompt Series
- A word prompt will be provided every Saturday at 8 PM IST.
- The story word limit is 6 words (words, NOT characters!). No more and no less.
- You need not necessarily use the prompt word in your story. However, your story should be relevant to the prompt.
- The content must be original. Plagiarism is unacceptable.
- Use the 6WSP image in your post! Click here for the image.
- Compound words (words like over-the-counter, ten-year-old, etc) will be treated as a single word. Any other combination of words will be treated as separate words.
- Contractions (words like I’ve, can’t, don’t, etc) are allowed and will be counted as a word. However, please don’t use too many contractions in a single story!
- Please refrain from using any offensive words. Let’s keep this U-rated, people. (If you’re wondering what U-rated is, that’s just the Indian equivalent of G-rated)
- You can submit your six word stories until Friday of the following week.
- Please be sure to include a pingback to this post. Never heard of pingbacks? Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. Click here to know how to include a pingback.
- Don’t forget to mention the Saturday Six Word Story Prompt (or you can go with 6WSP) in your post
- Share the post on all your social media accounts and help rope in more participants!
- Add the tag #6WSP when you share the content on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media. (This makes it easier for me to find your stories too.)
- Let me know that you have participated via comments. Due to moderation issues, pingbacks may take a while to get approved.
- Alternatively, you can also submit your six word stories in the comments section of this post.
- Once you have done all the above, please do read and comment on each other’s stories. Remember, reading is half the fun and sharing is caring. 🙂
I will do a round-up post every Friday. So please be sure to participate before time runs out!
P.S: If you have any doubts/suggestions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. The comments section is all yours!
© 2019 Shweta Suresh. All rights reserved.