Welcome to Week #1 of the Saturday Six Word Story Prompt. I’m so glad to have you on board! Six word stories became “a thing” after Hemingway wrote his famous six word story: “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” This writing prompt originated due to my at-times-unhealthy obsession with six word stories. A word prompt will be published on this blog every week. To participate, try and weave a six word story inspired by the word prompt.
Guidelines for the Saturday Six Word Story Prompt Series
- A word prompt will be provided every Saturday at 8 PM IST.
- The story word limit is 6 words (words, NOT characters!). No more and no less.
- You need not necessarily use the prompt word in your story. However, your story should be relevant to the prompt.
- The content must be original. Plagiarism is unacceptable.
- Use the 6WSP image in your post! Click here for the image.
- Compound words (words like over-the-counter, ten-year-old, etc) will be treated as a single word. Any other combination of words will be treated as separate words.
- Contractions (words like I’ve, can’t, don’t, etc) are allowed and will be counted as a word. However, please don’t use too many contractions in a single story!
- Please refrain from using any offensive words. Let’s keep this U-rated, people. (If you’re wondering what U-rated is, that’s just the Indian equivalent of G-rated)
- You can submit your six word stories until Friday of the following week.
- Please be sure to include a pingback to this post. Never heard of pingbacks? Don’t worry. I’ve got you covered. Click here to know how to include a pingback.
- Don’t forget to mention the Saturday Six Word Story Prompt (or you can go with 6WSP) in your post
- Share the post on all your social media accounts and help rope in more participants!
- Add the tag #6WSP when you share the content on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media. (This makes it easier for me to find your stories too.)
- Let me know that you have participated via comments. Due to moderation issues, pingbacks may take a while to get approved.
- Alternatively, you can also submit your six word stories in the comments section of this post.
- Once you have done all the above, please do read and comment on each other’s stories. Remember, reading is half the fun and sharing is caring. 🙂
Prompt for Week #1 (August 31, 2019 – September 6, 2019)
I will do a round-up post each Friday. So please be sure to participate before time runs out!
I can’t wait to read your stories. 😀 I hope that you’ll be back for next week’s Six Word Story Prompt. 🙂
Have fun! Thank you for participating. Until next week, folks!
P.S: If you have any doubts/suggestions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. The comments section is all yours!
P.P.S: Don’t forget to pingback to this post!
© 2019 Shweta Suresh. All rights reserved.